5 DIY PROJECTS TO ELEVATE YOUR OUTDOOR AREA.
As the weather warms up, now is the time to ensure your outdoor area looks spick and span.
Want to create the ultimate outdoor area. Here are some DIY tips to elevate your backyard.
1. Install a fire pit. If you’re permitted to have an outdoor fire at your home, a fire pit isn’t a complicated DIY project and can bring a whole new level of fun to your backyard entertaining.
2. Oil your deck and furniture. Oiling outdoor timber items prevents them from splitting or splintering. It will also improve their longevity and appearance overall. It’s also worth sanding back and oiling your deck at least once a year.
3. Create a paved patio or pathway. If you’re short on space, a little tiled patio can be the perfect outdoor relaxation zone. If you have a level yard or area, you’re halfway there. If not, you’ll need to clear a zone and tamp down and level the ground before you begin. Throw in an outdoor umbrella, plus some Parisian cafe-style table and chairs, then you’re good to go. If you already have a cement or tiled area, hire yourself a pressure cleaner to spruce it up.
4. Don’t forget lighting. While wired lighting should be done by an electrician, solar lights are fairly inexpensive and very DIY-able. Or opt for ‘plug and play’ lighting, like festoon lights, which just plug into a power point.
5. Spring clean the pool. Start by clearing out debris and cleaning stains. Fix any issues with the surrounds, including a broken or lofty fence, uneven tiles or overgrown landscaping.
Share your before and after photos and inspire others to elevate their outdoor spaces too!