INDULGE IN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
There’s nothing better than the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen. This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! No funny ingredients, no chilling time, etc. Just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious, doughy yet still fully cooked chocolate chip cookie that turns out perfectly every single time!
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
¾ cup (165g) brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extra
1 ¼ cups (155g) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
4 oz (110g), dark chocolate chunks, or your preference
4 oz(110g) milk or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
• In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, salt and butter together until there are no lumps.
• Mix in the egg and vanilla, whisking until mixture forms light ribbons that hold for a moment before blending back into mixture again.
• Gently sift flour and the baking soda into mixture, then use a spatula everything together.
• Add chocolate chunks by folding into mixture. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes. (NB The longer the dough rests, the richer the colour and stronger the toffee-like taste will be).
• Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking pan with parchment paper. Leave at least 10cm of space between cookies and 5cm of space away from the edges to ensure they are properly spaced out.
• Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until the edges have turned golden brown.
• Allow the freshly baked cookies to rest for a while before serving.